These Baked Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowls have all the delicious traditional flavors of Lasagna in buttery toasted individual bread bowls. They are perfect served with a crisp salad.
- 12 large Italian rolls
- 12 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 32 ounce jar pasta sauce (your favorite brand)
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese sliced into 12 equal slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare lasagna noodles according to package.
- Brown Italian sausage over medium high heat, add sauce and mix until combined.
- In a mixing bowl, add Parmesan, ricotta, and egg. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cut the very top off of the rolls. Using your fingers, press bread insides into the bottom and sides of the roll, until you have space for you lasagna layers. Add garlic and salt to your melted butter and spread into each bread bowl.
- Keeping lasagna noodle whole, place part of the noodle in the bottom of the bowl and add ricotta on top, fold the pasta over the cheese, add ¼ cup meat sauce, and fold rest of the noodle over the top. Top bowl with slice of mozzarella.
- Repeat with all 12 bowls then wrap in tin foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Carefully unwrap the foil and place on a plate before serving.