You will do yourself a big favor if you replace the processed butter with your won, homemade butter, rich in vitamin A and beneficial for your teeth, tissues, membranes, skins and eyes. Unlike the organic one, the bought butter is rich in trans fats and pasteurized milk.
- 2 Cups organic heavy cream
- Sea salt
- In the food processor, add the cream and process for around 10 minutes, until it becomes a thick whipped cream. Continue until it turns grainy. Then, drain the buttermilk from the butter.
- The butter should be scraped from the sides and placed in a bowl. Then, put it into a colander in order to strain off the buttermilk.
- Use cold water to rinse the butter, turning it gently with a spoon. As soon as it is clean, smash it with spoons or wooden paddles in order to pour off liquid.
- Keep your homemade organic butter in a bowl or a jar, refrigerated, or in the freezer. It may last up to several months.