Savory Parmesan Cookies are perfect as an appetizer, snack or even served with your favourite stew or soup. Fast, easy & no chilling needed.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (100 gram)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (75 grams)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1-2 dashes pepper
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon butter (cold cubed/ 70 grams)
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme / oregano
- various seeds
- various herbs
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C), line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the food processor add the flour, parmesan, salt and pepper and whisk together. Then add cubed butter and pulse to form coarse crumbs, add the water a tablespoon at a time until dough is almost combined.
- Move the dough to a lightly floured flat surface and knead a few times until you have a soft smooth dough.
- Lightly flour the dough and roll out with a lightly floured rolling pin, to about 1 cm thickness. Cut out with a small round cookie cutter, place on prepared cookie sheet, brush with egg wash sprinkle with your favourite topping (I used fresh rosemary and thyme). Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- In a small bowl beat together the egg and water.