This is is super easy and perfect for busy weeknights. Learn how to make ranch chicken & rice.
- 6–8 boneless chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. buttermilk ranch dressing
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 bunch kale, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 c. baby spinach
- 1 c. white rice
- ¼ c. chopped parsley
- In a large mixing bowl season chicken with salt and black pepper. Add ranch dressing and cayenne pepper; marinate 5 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sear chicken skin-side down until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate skin-side up; set aside. Drain skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon fat, and discard balance. Turn heat down to medium and cook garlic and onion for 2 minutes, until beginning to soften. Stir in stock, kale (if using), rice, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Place chicken in rice mixture, skin-side up. Simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in baby spinach and parsley. Serve immediately.